1.17.2009

Another Week Comes to an End

And so the second week of the semester comes to an end. I had this feeling this week of juggling too many balls and starting to drop those balls. I bought a little checkbook-sized planner this week. I really must get on top of all that is happening and work on keeping things running smoothly.

Every year the entire middle school leaves the city for a week to go on Outdoor Ed. Logistically, it is a completely overwhelming week. But not only is the week itself overwhelming, the many weeks leading up to the actual week can be a stressful time. I am co-leading a squad of 13 Grade 7 girls. We have squad meetings each Friday in which we have different tasks that we must complete. Recent squad meetings have had us trying to decide on a squad name (the Banaba Babaes, if you're wondering), a t-shirt design (caricatures of our cute faces), coming up with a squad cheer, learning songs to sing at our ministry day, and overall bonding. There are three very distinct groups of friends in our squad and it is hard to get everyone working together at times.

Yesterday, we took the bonding to another level by having a sleepover in my high school classroom. I'm so very thankful for my co-leader. Julie is fantastic! The evening was filled with watching a HS girls basketball game, lots of pizza, watching the sunset, me brushing out my hair, learning three songs for our ministry day, an Amazing Race, Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, brownies in bed, and Truth or Dare. My hair apparently was a big hit. No doubt that it was big too. I usually wear my hair up since it can get so warm. They wanted to see it down and I decided to take it a bit further. I had to buy a brush especially for the occasion.

During the rounds and rounds of Truth or Dare, I shoved my earphones in and fell asleep. Although I was asked numerous times to join in, I passed. I really don't think they wanted me to know all of the juicy details they shared. That might be a bit awkward come Monday when I'm at the front of the class knowing all sorts of info.

This morning, an alarm went off at 5:30. No idea why someone needed to be up that early! Thankfully, the girls kept sleeping. We ended our morning with breakfast in the senior hall together.

Despite my lack of preparation and organization, the whole thing went off so much better than I expected! And I think I even had a good time.

No comments: