11.04.2007

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I arrived back in Manila this afternoon. Fall Break certainly was not long enough. There was not enough time to even read one "for fun" book. Too much grading, not enough relaxing. Note to self: Do not take any grading with you next break. It is much too time-consuming.

Now I am in prep-mode for a very full 5 weeks before the end of the semester. Many things have to happen. Two weekend conferences (one about assessment and one about dealing with conflict Biblically). Academic Bowl and practices for it. Moving house. At least 2 novels with my classes. All of the pre-Christmas happenings. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed but thankful for a good message this morning at CCF. The message was "Work is a Blessing." An appropriate message for the day that both my dad and I were feeling a bit down about work-related things.

So tomorrow is back to school. Please pray that I get enough rest tonight that school doesn't look too horrible tomorrow or that I don't look too horrible for school.

No comments: